Saturday, March 1, 2014

IN THE NEW LIBRARY

VILLAGE PRIDE
     I'm happy and proud to report that my work is hanging in the new Cambria library.  I am especially proud to be the first artist to be in the new facility.
     It is a large space so we hung a combination of my recent abstract expressionist series Lyrical Abstracts, as well as classical Plein Air. Of course Tom was there to "document" the hanging.









   It is a wonderful new library, the busiest in San Luis Obispo County, and artists are pleased we can help add some color and personality.

6 comments:

  1. It is a lovely new library, and in my mind the most important edifice in our village without question.

    “And on the subject of burning books: I want to congratulate librarians, not famous for their physical strength or their powerful political connections or their great wealth, who, all over this country, have staunchly resisted anti-democratic bullies who have tried to remove certain books from their shelves, and have refused to reveal to thought police the names of persons who have checked out those titles.

    So the America I loved still exists, if not in the White House or the Supreme Court or the Senate or the House of Representatives or the media. The America I love still exists at the front desks of our public libraries.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your colorful abstractions do add something very special, they raise the spirit very nicely
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooeee! I like that lady in the red dress. But, then, you knew that I would.

    Congratulations, Lana, your art adds a lot to this lovely new library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am especially proud to know the 1st artist in the Cambrian library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your muse continues to inspire--and your work continues to BLOSSOM!! Thank you for sharing. The "plein-air" landscape in Indy is less than inspiring lately... unless you want to do a retrospective of WHITE. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic exhibit, Lana. You are a wonderful artist.
    Jim Ragan

    ReplyDelete