Thursday, January 3, 2013

FUN IN THE NEW YEAR

WINE DIVAS AT ALEGRIA
    Do you ever just feel like just breaking out of the routine and having fun?  That's how I'm starting this new year-having fun and introducing my "Wine Divas" to San Luis Obispo.

  The "Divas" are an outgrowth of a series of art cards that I started doing.  They've evolved over the years and have become somewhat popular, so I decided to do a series of Acrylic pieces based on the Divas.  Tom calls this my "whimsical series."

   Christine Hance who has Alegria  Wine and Ware at 942 Chorro St. in San Luis Obispo has invited me to put the Divas on display.
It is a wonderful Wine Bar near the historic Mission and offers a gorgeous view of one of the "Nine Sisters" peaks running along the coast.  
   It is a great setting for the Divas to "show their stuff" in a festive ambiance.
  Again, just in the spirit of fun, I made a paper mache' sculpture, called "Wine Dancer" who now greets patrons at Alegria.
      I hope the patrons, especially the women of San Luis Obispo,
 will enjoy visiting with and sharing a glass of wine with the Divas.
      What a fun way to ring in the new year.
COMING UP
More NEW in the New Year

   I'm also ringing in the new year with a return to my roots.  More coming up in a future post.
    I feel very recharged by this break and new creative direction.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year.

                                                     

   

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the products of your fertile mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this new showplace for the Wine Divas. They look great and give off a fun vibe. Great start to the New Year!

    ReplyDelete