Saturday, March 26, 2016

SOMETHING NEW

CREATIVE DIVERSIONS
     I've always admired artists who continue to push themselves into new areas or who try new mediums. I've taken a bit of a break from Plein Air painting and have been trying a few new things.
      I call this Picasso's dream, a mixed media of acrylic and oil. Picasso is done in oil and the background, a representation of his Dream painting, is done in acrylic.
ANDY IN PROGRESS
      I'm still working on this Andy Warhol.  I've got a couple of things I'm going to do with it yet.  I'll give you and update later.
NEW CHINOISERIE 
     After last year's California Grown series in this style I've moved from fruit to flowers.  I've recently read several books about Dutch Tulips, both historical and fiction and decided to continue the style in a series of flowers. The new works are 16X20, while The California Grown series is 24X24.
      By the Way the California Grown series is moving from Thomas Hill Organics in Paso Robles to the Big Sky in San Luis Obispo.

      Thanks for your attention.
     

7 comments:

  1. Lana, wee never had the time on Monday to talk Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Love your takes on Picasso and Warhol...you have captured them in a 21st century style. Hope you keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see a painting using two different paint types. That must be challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff Lana! Picasso's dream is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good topic thanks for post for sharing on website ..
    หนังการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete